Friday 28 October 2011

Who Do You Think You Are???

As I have said before, sometimes I am a bit of a goldfish (meaning I forget things as soon as I see something shiny), other times I am a bit self-centred, and then there are the times I am just plain dumb. On very special occasions all three of these traits combine and I come down with have a full-blown case of up-my-own-ass-itis. This happened last week when I decided to behave as if I am more important that I actually am.

It all started when I received an email saying that I had won a book called The Dating Game. Since it was Friday night and I had been unwinding with a few beers, I scoffed and said, of course I have, that’s something I really need, and promptly ignored it.

4 days later I received another email saying I was the winner and asking if I got the other email. Now at this point any normal person would think that maybe they had in fact won something and it would be polite to send a response. I however, suffering my affliction, scoff once again, marvel at how persistent the spam is getting and then consider sending a helpful email to inform this blogger that her account is somehow spamming me.

Hello? Who died and made me the most significant person on earth???

When I woke up the next day I saw a comment on my facebook wall from the same blogger saying that she had tried emailing me a couple of times about a prize I had won but heard nothing back. It was then that I decided maybe I should have a look at what she was talking about and that’s when the penny finally dropped. Oh, yes I had entered a competition, and just to prove it, here was my entry.

Erin @ Eat Play Bond said...

Actually i kind of missed the whole dating scene all together, sad really.
The book sounds wildly entertaining and informative though :)

Any wonder I never win anything, I am so gracious on the only occasion it has ever happened.

Idiot.

So my sincerest apologies to the lovely Jo at Chicken and Bees for my diva behaviour, I thank you for your persistence in trying to track me down and I really am looking forward to reading the book, if only to live vicariously through people a little less insular than myself!

When was the last time you had a moment of over-inflated self importance? Please tell me I’m not the only one who gets a little too impressed with themselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...