Wednesday 8 February 2012

Holy Shit, I’m 30?

Today I am turning THIRTY, yep, the big 3-0. Until last night it didn’t really bother me, I mean it is only a number and I know that today isn’t going to be drastically different from yesterday, but still, there is something significant about moving out of your twenties and into the official adulthood of your thirties. Who am I kidding? I have been living the life of a responsible adult for many years already. In fact, all things considered, I probably didn’t do anything particularly outrageous in the whole last decade! Even so, getting a 3 at the front of my number has made me reflect on what I have done with my life so far and looking forward, what I still hope to achieve. All-in-all I am pretty happy with where I am right now and feel that I have quite a lot to show for my time so far, so here’s cheers to the last 30 years!

042Surely it’s 5 o’clock somewhere?

Things I am Proud to have Achieved

  1. Bought my first house
  2. Completed my degree
  3. Went to a Big Day Out concert
  4. Got a dog
  5. Stopped attempting to keep birds
  6. Married my best friend
  7. Maintained a strong relationship with my parents
  8. Painted my bedroom
  9. Started a family
  10. Taught myself to drive a manual car – by having to drive to work the day after we bought a new car with a bloody clutch pedal
  11. Visited a foreign country
  12. Mastered the art of red fingernails
  13. Learned to accept and sometimes even love my body
  14. Worked as a Wedding Coordinator… and survived
  15. Learned to stop investing my time in toxic relationships and cherish those who love me for who I am

Go me right? The exciting thing is, the best is yet to come.

Things I Hope to Achieve in the Future

  1. Be more patient
  2. Have another baby
  3. Spend more time with my closest friends and family
  4. Learn how to sew
  5. Buy our next home
  6. Own a really fabulous pair of boots
  7. Complete a whole year of Project Life
  8. Study a new field
  9. Master the art of eyeliner
  10. Be more productive with my me-time (less TV!)
  11. Travel around Australia
  12. Stop procrastinating
  13. Toilet train Skye
  14. Learn how to crack an egg with one hand
  15. Grow my blog (hint, networked blogs, hint)

So there you have it, it’s by no means an extensive list and I am certain I will think of something both spectacular and profound the moment I hit the publish button, but I think there is a pretty good mix of small and big goals to work with here. Besides, I’m only 30, it was never meant to be a bucket list!

birthday

I took this selfie last night to capture exactly how I looked on the eve of my next chapter. I was having a good hair day, but probably should have thought to put some makeup on first, aaah the impetuousness of youth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...