Saturday 11 February 2012

Project Life 2012 - January

Because this is my first year doing a full Photo A Day Project Life folder and because I, like so many of you, fell behind with my previous attempts I thought it would be a good idea to do a monthly check in to see how everyone is going and also so we can have a bit of a sticky at everyone’s albums.

I was off to a bad start, I had managed to get a photo every day and had even ordered some of the prints, but until late this week I had not written any of my journaling cards – not one single card. To make matters worse, Clever Baker Friend, who has told me she often falls behind on journaling was completely up-to-date! It was just the kick in the pants I needed and a couple of days later I sat down and wrote a full month of journaling cards in one sitting while Skye was at Day Care.

Doing them all at once like that is not something I would recommend, I was over it after about a week and a half but I knew I had to get it finished and persisted. I think I was reluctant to make a start because I didn’t want to mess it up but I have plenty of spare cards in the kit so even if I totally muff a few of the cards I can always replace them. I was also being overly pedantic about what pen I was going to use. Procrastinate much?

As I said when I first started this project, I didn't want to bother with a whole lot of embellishment because I wanted to focus on the story of the photo’s themselves and here is how it is looking so far.

Week 1

009

Week 2

010

Week 3

011

Week 4

012

Week 5

013

How are you going with your own Project Life folders so far? I would love to see what you have so far, feel free to share a couple of pics with us on my Facebook page if you would like.

I would also love to hear your suggestions on topics that you have photographed to keep the project feeling fresh and fun when things start to look a bit repetitive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...